Extract from the parking regulations
§ 49 Parking spaces, garages and parking spaces for bicycles
(1) The necessary parking spaces and garages as well as parking facilities for bicycles (Section 86 (1) No. 4) shall be constructed on the building plot or at a reasonable distance therefrom on a suitable plot of land, the use of which for this purpose shall be secured under public law.
(2) The municipality shall use the amount of money for the replacement of parking spaces or garages for
1. the construction of additional parking facilities or the maintenance, repair or modernization of existing parking facilities,
2. other measures to relieve the streets from stationary traffic including investment measures of local public transport.
Summary: Decision is up to the municipalities.
Criteria: Consideration of the safety and ease of traffic, the needs of stationary traffic and access by public transport facilities.
§ 86 Local building regulations
(1) Municipalities may, by means of bylaws, issue local building regulations on the number, size and nature of parking spaces or garages as well as parking facilities for bicycles (Section 49 (1)), which are required for facilities, taking into account the safety and ease of traffic, the needs of stationary traffic and accessibility by local public transport facilities, for which an incoming and outgoing traffic with motor vehicles or bicycles is to be expected (necessary parking spaces and parking spaces for bicycles), including the additional requirements in case of changes and changes of use of the facilities as well as the redemption of the obligation to build and the amount of the redemption amounts, which can be regulated differently according to the type of use and location of the facility.